• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Double Yellow lines on the road.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
I am presuming the double yellow lines on the road just indicate that the DOT was not sure where the center line was so they did two lines.

It can't have anything to do with Do Not Over Take here. In England that is what it meant but they did have reminder signs with No overtaking.

David

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Solid double yellow in the center of a two lane road means a no passing zone both ways. If the line on your side is dashed, you may pass (overtake) (carefully). Both sides dashed means both sides may pass.

On 4 lane (or more) roads, the yellow lines may indicate a left turn lane (for either entering or leaving the highway).

Ask at any office of the motor vehicle bureau (or department of motor vehicles, whatever they call it in GA). They should have a free booklet with all those rules, specific to your state. There are standardized federal rules, but the various states don't always follow them. Or here is a web site that purports to have them
https://www.eregulations.com/georgia/driver/signs-signals-markings/

Still a good idea to get a driver's manual, though, as it has other information that you are legally required to know before operating a motor vehicle on a public roadway. For example, if the speed limit is not marked, there are specific rules as to the actual speed limit (and they are sometimes a lot lower than one would think).

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Here in Connecticut, double yellow lines mean Do Not Pass - and there are Do Not Pass signs on the shoulder when the yellow lines start.

Tom M.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Pretty much a National rule in all states, NO PASSING! There are people in the grave yards that ignored that rule, probably due to a lack of common sense. Worst part of that scenario is, they usually take an innocent person or persons with them. :sorrow: PJ

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
i think David's post was kind of tognue in cheek = apparently a critique of the drivers around Mzcon.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
BobMcE said:
i think David's post was kind of tognue in cheek = apparently a critique of the drivers around Macon.

:iagree:

Friend recently had to go to Atlanta... same scenario.

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
It was Tongue in cheek brought on by a week of being overtaken on double yellow line roads.
Indicating is also an option around here.

I do not drive at the Granddad speed of limit minus 5 mph. More like limit +3.

David

Country flag
It was Tongue in cheek brought on by a week of being overtaken on double yellow line roads.
Indicating is also an option around here.

I do not drive at the Granddad speed of limit minus 5 mph. More like limit +3.

David

And the stop signs there have white borders signifying they are optional too.... :smile: