• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Clogged fuel filter

• Thread starter Deleted member 21391
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21391

The tank on my 1965 TR4A has been cleaned and recoated twice. After a couple hundred miles, the after market filter, which is before the pump, clogs causing car to miss. Thinking tank coating was separating, tank was pulled, cleaned and recoated. Both done by professional radiator shop. The “stuff” found in the filter and fuel drained from the line was the size of 2 pinheads and smaller. Light green on one side and black on the other. When squeezed between thumb and finger, the stuff disintegrates. Car runs fine with new filter, until clogged again. I was blaming the tank again, then I checked the fuel line from the tank and found a thin coating of residue. When pulled out with a pipe cleaner, it became a green powder. Also, the tank coating manufacture told me the coating would break off in chunks, not the way I described. The lines are copper - nickel with rubber fuel tubing connecting. A fuel line manufacture did not think it was possible that the lines were the cause. At this point, I don’t mind changing the tank and lines if that would solve the problem. But I’d like to know the problem. Anyone with a similar issue?
John DeLuca

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF John,

You probably want to take this question to the Triumph marque forum where technical issues are the forté of the regulars. Good luck in finding your problem. And be sure to share a photo of two of your TR4A here when you get the chance so we can know you better.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome John! Glad to have you aboard! As Dave suggested, you probably want to post this in our Triumph forum. This "New Member" forum is a place where you can tell us a bit about yourself and your little British car(s). So tell us about yourself! (and post your specific question in the Triumph forum).

Basil

OP
D

Deleted member 21391

Thanks Guys. Figured it out and placed a new post.
john