Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stop/Tail light wiring

Forum to discuss Austin Healey Sports Cars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Re: Stop/Tail light wiring

If everything is tickety boo, then Bob's your uncle.

"Pear shaped" would be the antonym for "tickety boo". Just saying.
    Steve Gerow
    Altadena, CA, USA
    Maker of most complete Big Healey rear disc kit
    Check out my galleries:
    http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Hi Bob/Reid,

Thanks Bob. I will use that expression in the future. Thanks Reid, the Danny Kaye short was Tickety Boo.

Ray(64BJ8P1)

Jedi Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Regards tickety-boo: have a look-see at http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-tic1.htm
    My understanding is that it was used in the RAF during WWI, having been developed from some Hindi words and brought back to Jolly Olde via the British military. I sure can't disagree with the WWII reference, but Canadians et al (as well as the rest of the colonies) had personnel with the RAF in WWI as well as independently and with the RAF in WWII. My Dad was maintenance with the Royal Canadian Air Force in Canada during WWII and retired in 1971, with the family living on military bases for quite a few years - I've used tickety-boo (everything's good; all right; no worries) for decades, as it is such a delightfully sounding phrased. Doug (PS: on less important issues: our BJ7 has the incandescent bulb kit replacing the reflectors, LEDs for the tail/brake lights; and a 4 way flasher set up using the signal lights. I would like to hear from those who've added a high-mount third brake light as even these upgrades can't offset the small size and low position of the brake lights)
    1959 pristine 948 cc Bug-Eye; DCOE, 5 speed; bought 1971
    1960 BE bought 1971 & stored since; body tub restored and reassembling (1275; etc.)
    1962 AH 3000 BJ7; 3rd owner (1982?); in shop Oct. 2015 for paint job - home soon!
    1962 VW Meyers Manx clone dune buggy; stripped last winter and being reassembled
    1969 Kawasaki 500 H1 Triple, orig. owner; stored since 1973, but runs again! 1999 Buell S3

Luke Skywalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Twas

I have the part as a thinnish strip light but have yet to figure how I am going to fit it, especially as I am positive earth. I have a works luggage rack on the rear and it seems like a good idea to locate it there on a plastic mount of some sort, the wiring would have to be taped to the rack, probably on the U/S and run from the top of the boot lid (trunk) to the final position on the rear of the rack. Still a work in progress.

Bob