• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New car - no S.O.B. fob

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Picked up my new leased Subaru Legacy today. The $$ numbers were even better than I had anticipated. The dealer didn't try to hose me. I was told that all new Legacy's had a keyless ignition. I did not want that, especially after the lead article in today's NY Times about the 21 people who died because the car was running in the garage when the owners thought it was shut off. Mine has proper keys not that $%&*( fob. Who and why ordered that stupid thing should be shot. Basically the same as the 2015 I gave back right down to the same color but this one has cloth upholstery not leather and I don't like that "new car smell" of this one. I didn't buy the old one because I don't know how the CVT transmission and the boxer motor will hold up after ten years or so after the warranty runs out. Remember, my other car is a 2002 Accord V6 with 153K on the clock and still on the original springs and shocks and 6 spark plugs that have never been changed. At this point they're probably fused to the heads. Hard to believe I've had this car for almost 16 years.

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Trust Subaru to do the right thing. Many makes do not. That's the problem. The motor just keeps running. Hybrids may be the worst.