• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello From Des Moines Iowa

Joe_D

Freshman Member
Hi All !
I've been playing with Triumphs since 1969 when my Dad got me interested in them. I've worked in a couple of Leyland dealerships, a couple small shops, plus wrenched on a D Production TR6 back in the late 70s - early 80s. My first car was a 62 TR4 which though is in a thousand pieces, I still have it.

Along with the TR4, I have a 71 GT6, 61 Herald, 68 TR250, 79 Spitfire, 66 TR4a IRS, 69 Spitfire, and a whole bunch of parts cars. At present they're all in need of restoring.

At present I'm restoring my 71 GT6. Fortunately, it has no rust so all I really need is hydraulics, carpet, wood dash, muffler, headliner, and paint.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF Joe. Sounds like you caught the “British car bug” a long time ago; you have quite a collection of cars.
With your background I’m sure you will be add to the knowledge base of the forum. Make sure to post some pics of your cars.

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Welcome Joe,

You sound like a perfect fit to our denizens of the BCF. Please be sure to visit the Triumph forum where your knowledge will be able to help others, and know that there are plenty of people there who will be available to answer any questions you may have. And as Elliot said, please post some photos too.