• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What do Click and Clack have in common with the founder of Toyota?

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Both will be introduced into the automotive Hall of Fame!

They are fascinating folks, yet on completely different levels. I have much respect for all three. Tom and Ray Magliozzi on "Car Talk" had wonderful humor, if a bit long-winded; it needed a "highlights" reel! (And they started by running a DIY garage, something that no longer exists.) Toyota arguably makes "boring" cars - save several notable exceptions - but the Toyota contribution to lean production and process is incredible.

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2018/...cted-into-automotive-hall-of-fame/?refer=news

Country flag
My daily drive is a 99 Corolla, runs like a top. Doesn't matter if its 100 out or -10, starts and goes all the time. Can sit out in the parking lot in the heat, cold, rain and snow and I don't worry about it. Can't ask for more.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Precisely why when Mitsy declared she wanted to get a reliable daily driver, I told her she could get anything she wanted, as long as it was "Grandma's Camry". :smirk:

Took a couple months of hunting but instead of Grandma's, we found a one-owner 2002 Camry, all records including oil changes and tire replacements. Folder over an inch thick. Owned by a Chinese engineer. Th' Mits is a happy camper. :thumbsup:

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Three houses down there is a 1995 Avalon in a garage that has has 22000 miles on it
I would love to have it but it’s been sitting so long and time is not kind to cars that don’t move