• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Shower door fitted.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Finally getting back to improving the bathroom. The divider wall will have 8"sq. glass block to the top of the door height, going to light it internally with LED's.

shwrdoor.jpg

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
My upcoming project is to remove our very old pressure treated wood deck boards and replace with composite deck boards. I ordered the material today but will have to wait a few weeks since we are having a new roof installed due to hail damage. Once the roof is complete I’ll tackle the deck.
Doc- the glass wall should look pretty cool once it’s lit with the LED’s.

Country flag
Like the look. My 1960s era full bath is in the process of being completely redone. Bare room right now. Since 90% of the house plumbing was accessible with the wallboard gone, taking the opportunity to replace all it as well since over the last couple years I kept developing small leaks in the elbows and T fittings. Might as well do it all while it's easy to reach..

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
My upcoming project is to remove our very old pressure treated wood deck boards and replace with composite deck boards. I ordered the material today but will have to wait a few weeks since we are having a new roof installed due to hail damage. ....
Should have gotten Garapa Wood

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
H
Should have gotten Garapa Wood
Little late for that Don as the Trex material was ordered.
Do you think Garapa wood would hold up to snow/ice?

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Probably as well as the plastic
My old deck
20171130_094409_resized.jpg

Redid last Dec
20171205_125811_resized.jpg

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Nice job on the deck.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Elliot said:
Nice job on the deck.

I'll say!

Mike said:
Like the look. My 1960s era full bath is in the process of being completely redone. Bare room right now. Since 90% of the house plumbing was accessible with the wallboard gone, taking the opportunity to replace all it as well since over the last couple years I kept developing small leaks in the elbows and T fittings. Might as well do it all while it's easy to reach..

Thanks, Mike. I agree about the plumbing. I replaced the run from the hot water tank and cold supply into the bathroom with CPVC overhead, stubbed out for toilet and sink to be replaced later. Also ran supply thru the right side wall for the kitchen sink. Th' hovel was built with "contractor grade" fixtures and appliances, all the plumbing is copper in the slab. I want to bypass all that BEFORE it starts to leak and I'm too old to do the job meself. :wink:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
That deck looks nice. I am about to get a new roof and then this summer I will be painting my house. I have an idea to side it, or at least part of it, with license plates so I am scrounging around for old plates. It should be interesting.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Nice job on the deck.

Must confess
I removed the old decking and flew a buddy in from Seattle to do the install and I was his co builder

Hopefully I will talk him into coming back this year to replace my front door and side lights and the door going to the garage

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Must confess
I removed the old decking and flew a buddy in from Seattle to do the install and I was his co builder
The deck nurse :devilgrin:

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Spring is definitely here. I see home improvement projects but Doug doesn’t. A conundrum for sure. Anyway sometimes fun needs to take first place and home improvement second place. Perhaps spring project will just be fall project? Nice bathroom and deck. Good job guys.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Spring is definitely here. I see home improvement projects but Doug doesn’t. A conundrum for sure. Anyway sometimes fun needs to take first place and home improvement second place. Perhaps spring project will just be fall project? Nice bathroom and deck. Good job guys.

Yeah, Judy, that whirlygig thingie needs some hours put on it!

Don said:
Hopefully I will talk him into coming back this year to replace my front door and side lights and the door going to the garage

I'm the only Labor Unit here. Replaced the front door a couple Labor Days ago, the door to the garage is on the list, as well as cutting a hole in the concrete block wall twixt garage and laundry room to install a "people door" there... That cutting may get hired out, tho. Nasty work.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I could do it,but it's a reason to get him here
And that way I'm supervised

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
A "reason" or an excuse?!?

Sounds like a true friendship to me.

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Doubtless on completion of this project, pictures will be posted to this forum. I have noticed often times in advertisements for shower doors and accessories, a lovely clad in a large towel is in the picture. Doc, I beg of you, do not be the lovely.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Doubtless on completion of this project, pictures will be posted to this forum. I have noticed often times in advertisements for shower doors and accessories, a lovely clad in a large towel is in the picture. Doc, I beg of you, do not be the lovely.

Doc in flip flops and a towel - must erase image!