• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member from Ireland

Oggy64

Freshman Member
Bronze
Country flag
HI All just to let you know that I am currently rebuilding a BN6 in Ireland that I have had for over 20 years as a project but for various reasons never got done, now she's 1/2 way though a ground up rebuild aiming for a semi rally style, the roads over here are not the best o run around on so best to aim for practicality not perfection......

Will update as things move on, pic is from a few weeks ago but you get the idea....

Oggy

Attachments

• DSC00212.jpg
    DSC00212.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 25

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Youโ€™re making progress oggy. Welcome to the BCF; youโ€™ll find lots of friendly help here.
You made me feel much better as it took me almost seven years to complete mine :encouragement:

OP
O

Oggy64

Freshman Member
Bronze
Country flag
HI all, thanks for the welcome, spent most the day shot blasting the chassis but still needs more before getting the first coat of paint on. Trouble is I have to shot blast outside so in Ireland that's a case of pulling it in and out between the rain HEHE. Does mean keeping an eye on the rain radar on the web.... The next few days look like its going to sit still as rain is forecast until Thursday oh well as they say Rome wasn't built in a day.

Neil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I can relate to the 20 year project! Now that I'm retired I'm hoping my 20 year project will be done in just another year or two.

By the way, my great grandfather immigrated here (USA) with his brother and a sister (who dies in-route) back in the 1800's from County Galway. Welcome to the BCF!

Basil

OP
O

Oggy64

Freshman Member
Bronze
Country flag
HI All just though I would add an update to the mails above with the latest pic of the Healey. Its a we bit differant that the one on the first mail2.jpg5.jpg

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hey Oggy, be sure to jump in at our Austin Healey forum here. We have a very active group of AH enthusiasts from all over the globe!