• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Advice on Ford Rangers

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I've narrowed it down to the following trucks:

1992 -1996 Dodge Dakota

1990 - 1997 Nissan Kin Cab

1990 - up Ford Ranger

What can you tell me about the Rangers?
I'm only looking at V6 models.

This is to replace our '96 Ford F150.View attachment 53246

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I bought a new 4 cyl one in 1986, we still have it and use it almost every day around the place! Among the last of the cast iron engines. To this day, the engine has never been apart and still runs perfectly plus, with over 250,000 miles on it it still uses no oil! Has original 5 spd transmission and clutch disc. :encouragement:

dklawson

Yoda
My father-in-law bought a 6-cylinder automatic to use as a tow vehicle for his Formula-Vee. There were some bugs at first (probably why the previous owner solid it). Once those were worked out the truck was very dependable and required little maintenance (but not as good as Paul's above).

The initial problems were a failed crank sensor (or similar) and a failure in one of the fuse blocks. The only other maintenance required was when the plastic fittings on the fuel sending unit/pump cracked and required replacement.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I have a 4 cylinder manual 2001 model. It has close to 200,000 miles on it.
Love it.
Bought it about 4 years ago.

I am interested to see the size and price of the New Ford Ranger.

David

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Only problem I have with the new trucks is their so computer oriented you can hardly do any maintenance on them. My 2014 Chevy is completely controlled by computer systems. I'm not impressed with it! It will pull trailers better than my old truck, but that's just because it's longer, heavier and has a 6 speed transmission with manual shift settings if needed. PJ