• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Moody Blue kinda day here...

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
"Why do we never get an answer, when we're knocking at the door..."

How did that heading end up "Blue" vs. "Blues?" Don't ask me. :p

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
First band I ever really got into. They had a tune out in the early 1980s that I liked, and my Aunt turned me on to their original stuff. Still enjoy a good listen through those first 7 albums.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
And going back even further:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I love MB. When I bought my first "new" car right after Tech Training, it was a 1974 Mercury (Ford) Capri with a 8-Track player. The MB was one of the first 8-Track tapes I bought and I remember listening to it constantly on long trips.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
They were such a different band back in the "Go Now" days. An amazing transformation really.

Here's a recent version of "Question:"

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
An amusing story. Justin Hayward was interviewed a number of years ago now (maybe in 2005) and the interviewer asked him something like "how did you write those amazingly poetic lyrics" to which he said something like "hey, we were just writing stuff that we thought sounded cool."
Kinda like asking the guru on the mountaintop about the meaning of life... and after he gives you the answer and you say "really?" he replies, "well I think so."
LOL

I nearly wore out about 3 of their LPs from the early 1970s (A Question of Balance, To our Children's Children's Children, Days of Future Past and Threshold of a Dream).

Last edited:

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Days of Future Passed was the first album I bought with my own money. My Dad was totally amazed, he expected rock n roll, not an orchestra

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
And I'll bet it cost about $3.50!

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Closer to $5 IIRC. Seems like it was more expensive than most; but I don't recall why. Maybe because it was imported? Anyway, it seemed expensive, considering gas was around $.30/gallon, and hamburger around $.50/lb.
Totally worth it though

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
When I first got into buying LPs, they sure seemed expensive at $3.33... but you could also take one into a listening booth to pre-view it!

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
'Nother...
doesn't get going until maybe 1:35...

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
They were such a different band back in the "Go Now" days. An amazing transformation really.

Here's a recent version of "Question:"

Nice! The first time I heard TMB was at a fellow Airman's home in Great Falls, Montana! He had one of those fancy 40-channel systems and the sound just blew me away!

Coincidentally, my friend's name was Ray Thomas.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Definitely early stuff!!!

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I love MB. When I bought my first "new" car right after Tech Training, it was a 1974 Mercury (Ford) Capri with a 8-Track player. ...

Like this with extended bumpers?
capri.jpg