• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

IRS website outage

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Looks like it'll be offline for about 8000 years.

18DC-IRS1.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/17/us/politics/want-to-pay-your-taxes-come-back-later-says-irs.html

(They might want to check the webpage a bit more often.)

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Hahaha! That seems about right.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I

won't

say

Bantha poodoo

about those guys.

...other than it's been a running gun battle for decades.

So far, we've been winning. Two corporations and our personal, all incidents have been the fault of the "service" with too much effort on our part to 'splain it to them.

Not a fan.

Let's see if they allow a "grace period" for the crash...

But I doubt it.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Quoting Ben Franklin, "Our new Constitution is now established, and has an appearance that promises permanency; but in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."

So... if death and taxes are inevitable, does this mean we will all live to the year 9999?

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Quoting Ben Franklin, "Our new Constitution is now established, and has an appearance that promises permanency; but in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."

So... if death and taxes are inevitable, does this mean we will all live to the year 9999?

No, just that you'll pay taxes till then! :angel2:

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
When I heard about this on Monday I really felt for their IT folks. I run a tech department for a public school system, and I've had stuff go wonky at critical times -- it's a miserable experience.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
When I heard about this on Monday I really felt for their IT folks. I run a tech department for a public school system, and I've had stuff go wonky at critical times -- it's a miserable experience.

The last time I upgraded the forum software, I thought all had gone smoothly, but when I when to look at the site, all I got was a white page! Akkk! Turns out there was some PhP parameter on the server that needed to be tweaked but it took me a while and looking at error logs to figure out what was going on.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag

I totally agree. The folks who feel the heat for the error are often not the same folks that caused the error... for example management decision to reduce staff, reduce infrastructure, or to schedule maintenance on the highest use day of the year!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
"I run a tech department for a public school system, and I've had stuff go wonky at critical times -- it's a miserable experience." We can no longer be friends Drew. I just got my computer back from IT and now it has Windows 10 and if that wasn't bad enough I cannot even delete the shortcuts from my desktop without "administrative" permission.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
"I run a tech department for a public school system, and I've had stuff go wonky at critical times -- it's a miserable experience." We can no longer be friends Drew. I just got my computer back from IT and now it has Windows 10 and if that wasn't bad enough I cannot even delete the shortcuts from my desktop without "administrative" permission.

Admittedly we're a Mac district, so I'd never install Windows 10. And most IT people wouldn't know what a "friend" is anyways, or so the story goes. :grin:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Slight hijack, have you watched The IT Crowd on Netflix - British and hysterical!

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Slight hijack, have you watched The IT Crowd on Netflix - British and hysterical!

I'm not much of a TV watcher, but I have seen a few bits from it. Some that I've seen hit a little *too* close...

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Admittedly we're a Mac district, so I'd never install Windows 10. And most IT people wouldn't know what a "friend" is anyways, or so the story goes. :grin:

I would much rather be in a Mac district, or even one that gave us a little lee way on the computers.