• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New [Dutch] member

Jurjen

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself on this forum. My name is Jurjen and I own a 1963 BJ7 in ‘drivers condition’. The Healey came without an engine, so I put in a beautiful revised MK3 engine and drove off to the horizon. After 4.000 km through France and Italy, driving like a bullet over numerous great alpine passes, the engine lost power on the German highway on the way back to Holland. After digging deeper and deeper, I found some major problems. The circlips of the second piston had came loose and damaged the cylinder and all the crank bearings were worn. Probably uncorrelated. The engine went back to the builder, and is now being re-rebuild. Hopefully I get it back in a couple of weeks, to put it where it belongs. All in all it has been an experience of great pain and utter joy. Welcome to Healey ownership I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_1337.jpg
    IMG_1337.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 17

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to the joys of little British car ownership! And welcome to our humble forum! We have a very active Austin Healey forum here so you will feel right at home!

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Welcome. Pain and joy seem to be the illness of LBC owners. You are now a member of the club.