• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member introduction.

BentwatersMG

Freshman Member
Hello, my name is Dave and I live on Kent Island, Maryland. I have a 1972 MG Midget and a 1973 Triumph Spitfire that I purchased new from the MG & Triumph factory reps while in the USAF and stationed at RAF Bentwaters, East Anglia, England. Both cars were driven throughout England & Scotland and the Spitfire was also used on a trip to France ( Normandy Beaches & Paris). Both cars were shipped back to the US when my tour of duty was up in 1974 and have followed me around to various states since. They now need total rebuilding so I am building a new garage to house them and start the rebuilding process. Both cars will one day be shipped back to England as I have two English granddaughters (my wife and daughter are English and my daughter likes living in England) who have been promised the cars. If anyone was in the USAF and stationed at RAF Bentwaters give me a shout.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
welcome to BCF Dave! I was in the AF for 24 years, but sadly never stationed anywhere in UK.

OP
B

BentwatersMG

Freshman Member
Thank you for the "welcome" Basil. My two years stationed in England were the best years of my life. It was so much fun being in my early 20's with two sports cars blasting around the "old English" countryside or driving down to London. No McDonalds, Burger Kings, etc, just good old fish & chips, English beer and English girls. England is just not the same today.