• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I'm new! ......at 63 years old

manykl

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi,
I'm new.
Thanks for letting me join!
I have had a few British cars, currently a Lotus Europa.
I am trying to find out any information on removing the big slotted plug at the end/side of an Girling AR caliper. This is for a different car, not the Europa.
These calipers were used on early TR3s, I believe. I think the TR3s had steel versions, the one I need to work on is aluminium and it is leaking at the big plug.
Thanks.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hi Manykl and welcome to the British Car Forum. Try posting your question over in the "Triumph" section of the forum and I'm sure you will get lots of good help from knowledgable people.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to the BCF! I've always loved the Europa. In fact, I almost bought one a few years back. The guy who was selling it claimed to have been a drummer for the pop-group "1910 Fruit Gum Company." Don't know if he was serious or just pulling my leg. At any rate, the car drove great, but in the end I decided not to buy to.