• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I'm Back!!!

60BN7

Freshman Member
Country flag
Glad to be back in this forum after a few years. I used to be Brakin80, but changed my email address and have signed back up as 60BN7. Looking forward to helping out where I can, and tapping into the incredible brain trust here. My father and I have been taking care of a 1960 Austin Healey 3000 MkI BN7 for close to 15 years. Purchased from the previous owner who too had it for around 15 years. It took several seasons to get it sorted to the point where we could head out without worry of doors flying open or calling for a tow home. Interestingly the majority of hiccups seem to happen with me behind the wheel and not dad (who by the way, bought a new 1962 MkII BT7 Tri-Carb off the lot in Waterloo, Ontario back in the day). So I break it, and he fixes it. Can't wait for the start of the season.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Glad to have you back! I am in Etobicoke.

Are you part of the Healey Club in Toronto? Would I have seen the car at Bronte?

glad to have you around
JP

OP
60BN7

60BN7

Freshman Member
Country flag
We've done Bronte 5-6 times. Not in the last few years though. I didn't know there was a Healey club in TO. I only know about the Austin Healey Club of Southern Ontario, which we are not part of. Though we've met some of the members over the years. Reached out to a few for help when we've been stuck. Where's your Healey??? I don't see it listed in your lineup.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
We've done Bronte 5-6 times. Not in the last few years though. I didn't know there was a Healey club in TO. I only know about the Austin Healey Club of Southern Ontario, which we are not part of. Though we've met some of the members over the years. Reached out to a few for help when we've been stuck. Where's your Healey??? I don't see it listed in your lineup.

I presume the southern Ontario Healey Chapter is the Toronto chapter - Mark Doust is Abarth69 on this forum.

I have a Midget and a Vauxhall Viva GT - no big healeys in my future just envious glances. :grin: