• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hudson's Horses

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
1940 - Europe is crumbling under German boots, and Britain fears that if France falls, Britain is next.

US Neutrality Acts prevent the sale of military hardware to any belligerent nation, such as Germany, France, Great Britain, etc.

Churchill starts secret telegrams and telephone calls with FDR, trying desperately to get help from the USA. Altho' the Neutrality Acts prevent direct aid, FDR tells Churchill of a way "around" the limitations.

Horses deliver Lockheed Hudson bombers into Canada, 1940:

emerson_airport1024.jpg

And now, for the rest of the story.

https://www.cahs.ca/emerson-international-airport

Building airfields immediately next to the USA/Canada border, with only one use intended. Emerson International Airport - crossing the line between North Dakota and Manitoba.

2535e-2_1024.jpg

If you haven't seen Darkest Hour yet - wow, what a great story of Churchill's first month as PM. And Gary Oldman pretty much *is* Winston Churchill.

Tom M.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Great and important story

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Thanks Tom, very enjoyable! :encouragement: PJ

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Tom said:
If you haven't seen Darkest Hour yet - wow, what a great story of Churchill's first month as PM. And Gary Oldman pretty much *is* Winston Churchill.

I was stunned. Winnie & Clemmie.

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I was stunned. Winnie & Clemmie.
[/COLOR]

Same here. Now that you mentioned it, Thomas did a great job with the role of Clementine.

That scene where WSC is suffering the "black dog", learns that France is about to fall, and fears he's about to fail again (echoes of Gallipolli), Clemmie shakes him up and says something like "all those failures have taught you something, and prepared you for this moment".

C and W.jpg

Wow

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Oldman is a fantastic actor. I haven't seen the movie yet but I plan on it as soon as it comes out on video.