• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

ACH...Shingles

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Ouch!

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Whats worse is the prescription for the vaccine is sitting on my desk that I had on my to do list a couple weeks ago

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
And I believe you can't have the vaccine after an outbreak. You may have to wait 6 months to a year now.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It could be worse Don.....

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
From what I understand there are two different vaccines for shingles, one is live the other dead. Neither are a guarantee you won't get it.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
So sorry to hear that. Doug got them and indeed it was very painful. Get well soon.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Sorry to hear that Don. Hope relief comes soon.

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Nothing a couple of bottles of this won't cure
NadurraTriumph.jpg

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Are you using it topically or drinking it? :rolleye:

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
When I was in high school, one of my lawn-mowing customers was a local barber who came down with shingles on his legs. He was out of work for quite some time because, obviously, he just couldn't stand. I remember he showed me his legs and told me how painful it was. When I got older and saw they had a vaccine for it, I ran to my doctor to get it. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I hope you feel better soon.

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
There is now a second vaccination for shingles that is recommended even if you have had the first. I had a vaccination and still got shingles. It was a very mild case though. The reason I asked where the shingles were is mine were on my forehead. In that area they can spread to your eyes and cause real problems.

I plan on getting the new vaccine.

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Left chest and side
A little on back

Doc says I have a mild case
wouldn't want to see a bad case

Eliott, Iif I used it topically
You'd hear me

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I had it when I was about 8 years old. All around my right side. Itched like ****, then hurt like **** when you scratched it. It went away and never came back - yet. Hope you feel better. This too shall pass.

catfood

Jedi Knight
My Grandfather got it years ago while in his early eighties. Got it around his waist and in his eyes. He couldn't leave a darkened room for four weeks (apart from calls of nature which were agony for him). So you have my sympathies.