• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Longer wheel studs?

SASSAMON

karls59tr,

As RonR says, the longer wheel studs are available from TRF. There are two normal lengths for the Triumphs. A standard length for the steel disk wheels and a shortened stud for use with the adapter when used with the wire wheels. If you are looking for longer than standard length studs, good luck.

To find the studs on the TRF website takes a little more work then the Moss or VB website. But I like that TRF will have many parts that are not listed by the others.

To find the parts you will need the Triumph part number. Look the part up in the Spare Parts Catalog. RandallY has scanned the SPC as well as several other manuals and I would rather he provide a link directly.

With the part number go to the TRF website.
Do not use the search box in the upper right of the page.
On the home page look for the blue banner across the top of the page.
Inside this banner is a search tab.
Hover the mouse pointer over this tab and a drop down menu will appear.
One of the choices is Parts Database.
Now we can enter the part number in the left hand search box.
This may seem like a lot of work but I find it works great for me.

Results from the search will show up. If the part is used in a kit or has been updated with a newer number these will show up also.

The 4 different studs are:

114282 Stud Front Disk Wheels 3.98
114281 Stud Front Wire Wheels 3.98
100869 Stud Rear Disk Wheels 3.98
110365 Stud Rear Wire Wheels 3.98

Tybalt

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
The Roadster Factory

If you are looking for any of the stock length studs for wire (short) or disc (longer by about 7/16" IIRC) wheel fitment, the information is listed above. On the other hand if you are looking for longer than stock length studs, ARP makes some longer studs in a 7/16-20 thread but you will need to determine what size knurl diameter and knurl length would be needed to fit the stock hub flanges to see if the longer ARP studs would work without modifying the hubs. You might consider contacting Richard Good at Good Parts. I know that he has wheel studs in differing lengths, some fit stock hubs, some don't. He could at least put you on the right path if you want longer than any of the stock studs.

https://www.goodparts.com/

OP
K

karls59tr

Obi Wan
Country flag
If you are looking for any of the stock length studs for wire (short) or disc (longer by about 7/16" IIRC) wheel fitment, the information is listed above. On the other hand if you are looking for longer than stock length studs, ARP makes some longer studs in a 7/16-20 thread but you will need to determine what size knurl diameter and knurl length would be needed to fit the stock hub flanges to see if the longer ARP studs would work without modifying the hubs. You might consider contacting Richard Good at Good Parts. I know that he has wheel studs in differing lengths, some fit stock hubs, some don't. He could at least put you on the right path if you want longer than any of the stock studs.

https://www.goodparts.com/
Thanks for the info:encouragement:

OP
K

karls59tr

Obi Wan
Country flag
karls59tr,

As RonR says, the longer wheel studs are available from TRF. There are two normal lengths for the Triumphs. A standard length for the steel disk wheels and a shortened stud for use with the adapter when used with the wire wheels. If you are looking for longer than standard length studs, good luck.

To find the studs on the TRF website takes a little more work then the Moss or VB website. But I like that TRF will have many parts that are not listed by the others.

To find the parts you will need the Triumph part number. Look the part up in the Spare Parts Catalog. RandallY has scanned the SPC as well as several other manuals and I would rather he provide a link directly.

With the part number go to the TRF website.
Do not use the search box in the upper right of the page.
On the home page look for the blue banner across the top of the page.
Inside this banner is a search tab.
Hover the mouse pointer over this tab and a drop down menu will appear.
One of the choices is Parts Database.
Now we can enter the part number in the left hand search box.
This may seem like a lot of work but I find it works great for me.

Results from the search will show up. If the part is used in a kit or has been updated with a newer number these will show up also.

The 4 different studs are:

114282 Stud Front Disk Wheels 3.98
114281 Stud Front Wire Wheels 3.98
100869 Stud Rear Disk Wheels 3.98
110365 Stud Rear Wire Wheels 3.98

Thanks for the info.:encouragement: