• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bahrain, anyone?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Appears the two Ferraris are running well. Front of the grid. hmmm.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I agree. On both counts.

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
On another note, yesterday (April 7) it was 50 years ago that Jim Clark was killed at Hockenheim. "Peerless in life, both on and off the track."

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
He was one of,if not the greatest racing drivers of all time.
He could,& did,race all different types of cars.
The definition of "Gentleman Racer".

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Those wre the days when there were 2 kinds of drivers - those who got killed before they were good - and those who got killed after. Racing is much safer today even though much faster.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I remember Jim Clark, great driver in his day! Crashes back then were so common, life expectancy was short. Safety regulations were few, driver protection was almost non existent, biggest improvement was a hard hat, later fire retardant suits. Some track conditions were horrible. PJ

Jim Clark,
View attachment 53172

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I think that Clark's death coupled with efforts by Jackie Stewart and a few other drivers is the reason why racing is so much safer today.