• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Lilly under her own power...

• Thread starter Deleted member 21878
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21878

went for a short test ride today. car ran and drove well. i am still fiddling with the throttle linkage. the pedal seems to want to hang up just before idle and i have to put my foot under it and lift up. i am going to try a couple of things tomorrow for that.
The drive went well with no shakes. ran up to about 50mph. did not have enough room to try the OD. May need to wait until i actually have the car tagged so i can get to some open road. steering felt fine and was not as hard as the TR6.
i also need to set the toe-in before the next test drive. when i put the front end together i screwed the cross bar all the way in so i know it is toed in right now.

but the engine felt good and the steering did as well. couple of pics from after the ride.

fullsizeoutput_1a3.jpgfullsizeoutput_1a2.jpgfullsizeoutput_1a1.jpg

unfortunately even though the tires probably only have about 500 miles on them, they are 19 years old. So i don't want to run too far until i get some new tires.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Congratulations! Looks like it was a very nice day, too.

I once owned a BJ8 in BRG/OEW (I know your Healey is not a BJ8). It was about the only one around at the time in that combo (mid-1980s), but the combo has caught on, to a limited degree, I suppose because OEW is about the only color you can use to two-tone a BRG Healey, and Healeys cry out for "duo-toning." (I've seen a couple with black as the lower color and it doesn't "work for me.")

CaptRandy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Drone, You sure completed that car in quick fashion. Seems like you worked around the clock. Congrats on job well done.

OP
D

Deleted member 21878

Thanks... well not finished yet actually. but the list is a lot shorter than it was. in fact, I hope to get it tagged this month.

after i took the pictures i told my wife i was done. her reply? Hahahahahahahahahah......hahahahahahaha.....hahahahahaha... (3 minutes later)...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

guess she knows more about British cars than i realized.

gonzo

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Well done Drone Dog...at least for now! Do you have a special rig for toe in? There are several techniques, but all seem to evade me. GONZO

OP
D

Deleted member 21878

Well something i made up. basically a flat "U" shape. the ends are 5" wide boards squared to the bottom rail. i used a system when i did the TD and have stuck with it. Seems to work fine. i set a 1/8" toe-in. seems to me i read that was recommended for radial tires somewhere.

AND, i just got my tires/tubes in today. So i hope to get the car tagged Friday and then over the weekend i want to get the new tires mounted and balanced. And then i am free to roam....