• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello from Ohio!

RP3

Freshman Member
Country flag
Greetings
My back story...When I was fourteen, a close family friend took me on a short ride in his newly restored 1961 TR3A. On the way home he asked, "Do you want to drive her home?" He didn't have to ask twice.
I'll never forget the look on his wife's face when we pulled into the driveway, as she hadn't even driven it yet! A few years later he sold that car, bought two other parts cars to build a second driver (1961 TR3A). He did a ground up restoration to about 75% and then garaged it. After about 5 years of me asking him to sell me that car we finally made a sweet deal! Fifteen years later, I'm finally getting a chance to work on it a little at a time. The challenge I'm having is that I don't know where or how all the pieces go back together, so this forum will be very helpful in the days ahead.:fat:

Last edited:

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Hello, and welcome to the asylum! I'm sure we can answer any questions about what goes where, as well as the inevitable "That's not part of a TR3".

We love pictures, especially of projects or when asking how something goes together.

Also a good idea to put your car's particulars (commission number) in your forum signature. Contrary to common belief, all TR3s are not the same :smile:

If you are short on documentation, here are a few manuals in PDF that might help
The owners manual is particularly important on this car, because many of the adjustments and recommended fluids changed after the workshop manual was printed. This is the last version, mostly suitable for cars made after Oct 59.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2H2NJt34OffNjQ4MTkyNjItZTVmYi00M2U2LWJhYWUtMjEyZDgxMzUyNzUw

Here is the factory workshop manual. The front section is for TR2, there are supplements in the back that cover early TR3.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2H2NJt34OffYWZiN2VlZGMtNTkxMi00NGUzLWE4NzMtMGRkODRkYzU3MDU1

And here is the factory spare parts catalogue. It's mostly useful when dealing with The Roadster Factory, as they don't publish their own full-line catalog. (Only various "mini" catalogs that only cover most popular and sale items.)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2H2NJt34OffMWQ4N2EzZGQtNjc0Ny00YmE2LWFiN2UtZWYzMjNjNGFiYzY4

Or you can browse through my collection at https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...yMy00ZDhkLTliOWEtOWU1OWRhNDZhYmRl?usp=sharing

OP
R

RP3

Freshman Member
Country flag
Randall,
Thank you for your reply and links for information. I will definitely be using those and the tons of knowledge on this site.

Thanks again!

Robb

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Welcome Robb,

I know when I first acquired my TR3B earlier this century, the residents of the Triumph Forum helped me with my silly questions...and mine was a runner. We look forward to updates on your project including the photographs. Maybe someday the BCF will bring back the calendar with photos of members cars.

And some day when you just want to share with the gang that hangs out here, you will stop in the Pub forum and join in with the deep and frivolous conversations there as well.

Enjoy the Ride!

OP
R

RP3

Freshman Member
Country flag
Yes- I saw two atop a grain silo yesterday. Spring weather is almost here in NE Ohio!
We lived in Baltimore, Oh. for a decade a decade and a half ago. Still have many friends in that area.