• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

This song

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I don't know how it is I've never seen this video or heard this song before. This George Harrison video song is almost certainly a shot at the fact that he was sued by the publishers of "He's So Fine" for the the similarity of Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" (If you listen to the two side by side the chord structure is nearly identical). I suspect this was his way of spoofing the whole ordeal.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
You being a Beatles aficionado I find that impossible.
Me thinks it just slipped your mind

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Reminded me of this - different - but similar in its way

Answerman

Country flag
"This song... there's nothing Bright about it"...

it's a very clever poke at the publishing company Bright Tunes, who owned the copyright to "He's So Fine". The entire song is a thinly veiled reference to the lawsuit over "My Sweet Lord" which Harrison lost, as previously noted.

Last edited:
OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
"This song... there's nothing Bright about it"...

it's a very clever poke at the publishing company Bright Tunes, who owned the copyright to "He's So Fine". Reference to the lawsuit over "My Sweet Lord" which Harrison lost.

Just for fun

Answerman

Country flag
Also noteworthy in the video: you see Ronnie Wood as a Pythonesque "Pepperpot" character in drag, but he's not actually saying the words you hear. The voice is actually Eric Idle, who appeared on a lot of Harrison's solo stuff.

Yeah, it goes way past the chord structure: the melody is even similar. No question about the plagiarism, intentional or not. Just like "Surfin' USA" which the Beach Boys ended up having to credit Chuck Berry as the writer on because it's pretty much EXACTLY the same as "Sweet Little Sixteen".

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I don't know why this clip cracks me up so - but it does. I think because it is so silly. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it)