• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Vette

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My mom went out and agreed to buy an 88 Vette tonight. I drove it, it's a good runner feels, solid on the road, I couldn't find any cracks or repairs to the body, so it seems alright. Also it is a convertible, so that's nice. It needs tires, paint, a new top, and a new interior. Who on here is familiar with the C4s? They are a bit newer than the ones I used to work on so I'm not all that familiar with all of the electronics.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
My mom went out and agreed to buy an 88 Vette tonight. I drove it, it's a good runner feels, solid on the road, I couldn't find any cracks or repairs to the body, so it seems alright. Also it is a convertible, so that's nice. It needs tires, paint, a new top, and a new interior. Who on here is familiar with the C4s? They are a bit newer than the ones I used to work on so I'm not all that familiar with all of the electronics.

Before I bought my C5 I had a C4. Nice little ride actually.

My C4.jpg

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
I've had this '85 for the last 28 years. They can be difficult to diagnose problems...they've got a lot of ecm controlled systems but except for the 96's they're all OBD1 monitored. Plus with a 12 year model run, a lot of changes took place. There are some really smart guys (like there are here) on this forum: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion-34/
You'll be best served getting the factory service manual and when a problem comes up...look for a bad relay first..LOL.
I really enjoy mine, but in the world of Corvettes they are the least respected of the different eras...although in their day one was hard pressed to find a vehicle that would out perform it.

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My mom has always wanted a Corvette since before I was born and just never had the money to get one, now she has this:
88 Vette.jpg
She is only spending $3000 on the car so she isn't too concerned about all the work we will be doing (99% of which seems to be cosmetic) because she essentially has a blank canvas and can do the car up any which way she wants.