• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member in Tehachapi California

Old Car Guy

Freshman Member
Country flag
I am Jim Gude from Tehachapi California. I have been driving, fixing, autocrossing and cursing sports cars for the past 50 (of my 67) years. When I was 15, I spent my summer days at my grandparents store in Burbank California. A couple of doors down, on the corner, was a BMC dealer. I hung around, was a pest to the salesmen, collected every brochure. I would sit in their cars imagining driving down curvy little roads. I owned a Datsun, Volvo P1800, and a Mustang, before finally buying a Sprite Mk IV during the 1973 gas crisis. In 1974 I finished college, and in 1975 I replaced the little Sprite with a Fiat X1/9. Then came a BMW 2002, which was replaced with a Porsche 944 and so on. Five Porsches later, I decided I needed a Spridget; it was a nostalgia thing, and my 944 Turbo wanted some company.
After much searching, I found a unmolested, rust free, 1974 Midget. It had its original Bronze Yellow paint and Ochre interior; so I bought it. My little Midget has a Rivergate 5 speed conversion, and a Weber DGV down draft conversion. I like the transmission but the Weber just looks wrong. If someone wants to buy a Weber DGV conversion, let me know. In the meantime, I am in the market for a decent, late model SU setup.

I am attaching a picture of both Spridgets

Cheers
Jim

Attachments

• 67AHSprite_Jims_1973.jpg
    67AHSprite_Jims_1973.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 16

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Both lovely cars! The orange midget looks exactly like one that I babysat for a co-worker one summer when she had to go overseas on extended military deployment! Fun little car!