• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Need a new DD

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I've decided that I'll sell the F150 ('96.4WD SuperCab,351.automatic),as it just doesn't
make sense to drive on my 30 minute commute (one way) to work.
I'm looking into getting an '86 - '97 Nissan King Cab,so I can still have a truck,& as I figure
I can sell the F150 for around $8000,I'd get a car also.Here are the things I need in a car.....

Cheap - $2500 - $3000

Reliable - I don't want something I can't rely on

Fun to Drive - As we live in the Blue Ridge Mountains,
I want something I can enjoy on the back roads

Unusual/Interesting - Willing to give on that one

Good gas Mileage - Something cheap to operate.
Gas is about $2.299 now

I'm considering a Miata,as they are cheap this time of year,
but want to find out more about them,if I start looking.

Anyone have ideas/suggestions?View attachment 52890

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
So Doug, you're going to get a different pickup *and* a fun car?

There's a lot of positive comment on BCF, as well as other car sites, on Miatas of all ages. Top down, driving through the mountains - sounds good to me.

Do a search here on Miata; you'll find lots of good reports.

Tom M.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Old Diesel Mercedes would be a good option. Decent mileage, reliable, sort of different, sort of classic (okay not really on either of the last two).

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Mercedes? Did someone say ... Mercedes??? Twisting mountain roads?

A 1955 300 SL. Not for the squeamish (or someone without really deep pockets).

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Oooh! Diesela could be an option!

...but I wouldn't give her up.

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
After "revealing" my plans to the Wife,I was informed
that "we" already have enough vehicles,& that we don't need
another one,so I may use common sense,& use the extra money
on the GT & Midget,& pay off the VISA bill (again!).
Sorry Drew.......

On the other hand,I'll be looking for a nice '90 - '97 Nissan King Cab -
4 cylinder,2 or 4WD.I figure for $5000 - $6000,I should be able to find a good one.
If anyone hears of one like that,please contact me.I'm willing to travel to get it.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Great video Tom. I like how he has bare arms but in the rear view mirror you can see him wearing what appears to be a fire retardant hood. That slip towards the end is a little scary.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
We restored a gullwing a couple decades ago. I wouldn't have the 'nads to push it hard. Too much responsibility.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Push it too hard and it will spin, tail first.
Don't ask me how I know. There's certain rotary near Rte 128 in Boston that may have tire marks from 1957.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
We put the first 500 miles on the resto, toolin' about in Sarasota. Got it up to speed on I-95 a few times but never pushed it hard enuff to find its limits. Too much invested to chance it. It went home to the owner in Michigan in the late '90's.