• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Just saw Velocity channel

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The first "Goblin Works" show. An MGB with rubber bumpers transformed into a performance car. Interesting. Will hold opinion 'til more episodes are seen.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Saw a portion of that show too... where they replaced the windscreen with a short plexi-glass one. Missed the ending.

D

Deleted member 8987

Not sure I am impressed yet, either.
I mean, this super powerful engine with Lotus pistons and all.
Don't know about the carriage bolt front turn signals.
No folding top any longer with the whacked windscreen. Don't see any fasteners for a tonneau.....and were there even any wipers.....but eye guess making a vehicle that fails legal scrutiny most places is okay for ratings...

dklawson

Yoda
What is the tone of the show? Is this one of those "Will they make their deadline" garbage shows or is it focused on actually showing the work they did without faux emergencies?

D

Deleted member 8987

More of a "let's change it as far from original as we can to increase our PROFITS when we sell it on"....

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
:iagree:

And not so sure what "Lotus pistons" has to do with anything. A "bore and stroke" number would have been more informative. I was only watching with one eye and one ear so missed if they CC'd the head, cam lift & duration, etc.

Not too keen on the body mods, either.

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
I like the seats. Wouldn't mined having them in my Healey or my 'B'.

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Seats look very similar to Corbeau Classics. I have them in my TR4, like them a lot.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
So I got to watch the entire episode of Wheeler Dealers this afternoon. The A-H 3000 MK-II one. Mike Brewer, when describing the engine stated it was a "single overhead cam" engine. Umm... not really.

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
you bring up a interesting point cams have resided in all clock positions of a head
I’m now waiting for a automotive head assembly to do the same