• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

hmm, never knew...

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Richard and Karen, in happier times.

4c4bbb2ac0bb1df658b70aacceb31493.jpg

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
At the risk of sounding square, I must confess I loved Karen's voice - like honey. Another great voice was KD Lang.

She's one of my top 2 or 3 favorite female voices. I have a couple of Carpenter's albums on my High Def player.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
When we were married,I took my new Wife to Tahoe to see them.
She had an incredible voice,especially in person.
Looks like a Maserati Mistral in the picture.

OP
PC

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
At the risk of sounding square, I must confess I loved Karen's voice ....
Nothing to be ashamed of, she was an incredibly talented vocalist.

Funny thing is, even though there are people who will complain about how the Carpenters were too mellow, sentimental or lacking edginess, watch their lips when one of their songs is playing. They know all the words and will sing along (silently, without admitting it and sometimes not even realizing they're doing it).

Ironically, when they first started playing with a band, their bandmates and audiences didn't even know she sang. She was the drummer. And a darn good one.

Singing was just something she did at home. It wasn't till they coaxed her out from behind the kit and gave her a mic that they found out what a gem they had.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
90 million records sold is nothing to sneeze at. Wife and I loved to hear her sing, really hard felt by a lot of people when she died. I guess she basically starved herself to death, Anorexia is a terrible sickness. PJ

Country flag
The only plus was she gave a face to it and perhaps helped save other young women over the years who might never have been diagnosed as ill. I have their stuff on my stick as well.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
There was an article in the '70's in,I believe Motor Trend
about Richard & his (57?) Chrysler 300.