• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

BN7 wiring diagram in color

Tompol

Freshman Member
Guys,
My friend is asking me to install new harness on his 1961-62 BN7 and I only have diagram from service manual. Does anyone have color version of diagram in large file size or in print, I have access to nice color printer and would like to print one.
I have use one like that on my other car and this was tremendous help. If someone help me out I can print one for him.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

OP
T

Tompol

Freshman Member
Toms Import Toys in Oregon sells them in color and laminated 11 x 17 inches. Google it. Dan

Thanks Dan,
I hope someone has a file, i can print it 14x20.
Plus, the one from Tom's is BN1 to BT7 in not sure if the was no changes thru that many models and years.
Regards
Tom

RAC68

Darth Vader
Tompol,

Although I would suggest you acquire the wiring diagram for the BN7, installing new wiring harnesses could be a bear if you don't have the documents identifying the connectors and the harness routing. In most cases, a new harness will have the connectors labeled. However, I would see if you could acquire some pictures showing how each harness is routed through the Healey and present those connectors in close proximity to the component assignments. I have found that there is little difference in harness routing between 3000 models from BN and BT models. Keep in mind, there are a number of individual harnesses (I believe 4 harnesses), along with a number of separate extensions.

Take a look at https://www.healey6.com/technical.htm under the Electrical category and look to the documents at the end of that category list.

Good luck,
Ray(64BJ8P1)

OP
T

Tompol

Freshman Member
Tompol,

Although I would suggest you acquire the wiring diagram for the BN7, installing new wiring harnesses could be a bear if you don't have the documents identifying the connectors and the harness routing. In most cases, a new harness will have the connectors labeled. However, I would see if you could acquire some pictures showing how each harness is routed through the Healey and present those connectors in close proximity to the component assignments. I have found that there is little difference in harness routing between 3000 models from BN and BT models. Keep in mind, there are a number of individual harnesses (I believe 4 harnesses), along with a number of separate extensions.

Take a look at https://www.healey6.com/technical.htm under the Electrical category and look to the documents at the end of that category list.

Good luck,
Ray(64BJ8P1)

Thanks Ray,
This is great source of information about harness replacement.
Tom

steveg

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Highly recommend Tom's Imports color wiring diagrams. I recently used one to install a new harness in my BN6. I was intimidated by the project but the following process worked for me:
1) buy an inexpensive label maker, such as the Dymo 160 https://a.co/60WxiQs
2) in the comfort of your living room, refer to the above color wiring diagram and label every one of the wires in the harness. It takes a couple of evenings but minimizes the time you spend on your back under the dashboard.

FWIW, I made the labels long enough to wrap around the wire, with the verbiage repeated twice so you could read it from any angle. The label adhesive doesn't stick to itself very well, so it's helpful to staple the labels together after folding them over the wires.

OP
T

Tompol

Freshman Member
Highly recommend Tom's Imports color wiring diagrams. I recently used one to install a new harness in my BN6. I was intimidated by the project but the following process worked for me:
1) buy an inexpensive label maker, such as the Dymo 160 https://a.co/60WxiQs
2) in the comfort of your living room, refer to the above color wiring diagram and label every one of the wires in the harness. It takes a couple of evenings but minimizes the time you spend on your back under the dashboard.

FWIW, I made the labels long enough to wrap around the wire, with the verbiage repeated twice so you could read it from any angle. The label adhesive doesn't stick to itself very well, so it's helpful to staple the labels together after folding them over the wires.

Thanks for GREAT suggestions.