• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Look what they've done to my song, ma

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
One of the best explanations I've ever seen, of what happens to a good idea as it's brought to reality:

Project2.jpg

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
That one's even older than the Internet! Back when we used to Zerox jokes and pass them around.

Nice coloring job, though.

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Older than the 'net! No kidding! I used that cartoon (or a similar b/w one) back in the 1970s when I was teaching.

Gets the point across!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That one's even older than the Internet! Back when we used to Zerox jokes and pass them around.

Nice coloring job, though.
What's "Zerox"? :D

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
"What's "Zerox"? :D"

It's the brand that shady looking guys offer to sell you in alleyways.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
... or "A.B. Dick", who used to make mimeograph machines. We used to enjoy saying "I think I'll dick this one."

Hated those things because the original had to be perfect (and no mistakes in making it).

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
We were very high tech at my school, we had a couple of these! :encouragement: PJ

Mimeograph machines and didn't need electricity! :highly_amused:
View attachment 52731

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Mimeograph machines and didn't need electricity! :highly_amused:

Funny to hear you say that - when I was in 5th grade, the teacher had a "high-tech" mimeograph that had an electric motor...

(Freshly printed pages still had that wonderful smell of white glue...)

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
ah the smell of mimeograph machines.

I had to run a hand powered Gestetner machine at my very first church.

Nelson

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
When I was in elementary school back in the Dark Ages we had a duplicator machine called a hectograph. It had a flat bed with a gelatin type substance in it. The master has a soluble ink and would be placed on the gelatin. Then when a roller was slid over it the ink transferred to the gelatin. To make a copy the paper was laid on the gelatin and the roller was rolled across it. A very slow process overall.

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Hectograph! Wow, haven't heard that word since I used them back in the 1950s and 1960s.

Really simple idea - my brother and I "published" a neighborhood newspaper on our hectograph.

You can make one with a baking pan and some plain gelatine, and a "transfer" pencil.

maxresdefault.jpg