• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Other site--MGE ?

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Anyone know why the MG Experience site is down? Been down all night and still is at 8:30 AM. PJ

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
No idea, but servers tend to crash when you least expect it. Been a few times in the past I've gotten up in the morning only to find BCF had been crashed all night.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
The Triumph Experience is down also.

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
From their FB page. Sometimes FB is a good thing.

Feb 21, 2018: The http server for the website suffered a total hardware failure yesterday. All the website data is safe. I'm working around the clock to bring the websites back up but it may be another 24 to 48 hours

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Ah,the joys of running a website.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
HUMBUG!!! Stamped steel rockers as opposed to forged ones?? The Chevy/Ford argument with Brit iron! I'll take that 18GB piece of iron every time. :smirk:

redhawk1689

Freshman Member
Now now... be nice! There are those of us that have unusual tastes. Quite frankly, I find that, sitting in a TR3, it's quite illuminating when one touches the ground simply by reaching down! (LBCs indeed! )

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Now now... be nice! There are those of us that have unusual tastes. Quite frankly, I find that, sitting in a TR3, it's quite illuminating when one touches the ground simply by reaching down! (LBCs indeed! )

I'm just glad there are people who strive to keep all these great little cars running for future generations. If we really wanted something well made and reliable, we'd all be driving something like a Miata (which, by the way, is a great little car).

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
You saying that MGB's aren't well made?
Also,a Miata has nowhere near the personality of
a British sports car.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
You saying that MGB's aren't well made?
Also,a Miata has nowhere near the personality of
a British sports car.

I'm saying any 40+ year old car isn't going to be as reliable as a newer car. My wife had a Miata and it was a blast to drive - every bit as much fun as the LBCs I've owned. But that’s' just my opinion.