• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Forgive if you've seen this

roscoe

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I had an early (1961 or 1962) Type 1 coupe I bought in 1963. I owned it for a couple of years and though it was an incredibly exciting car it didn't do well in South Florida. It had an aftermarket AC mounted between and just in back of the seats which when used in conjunction with headlights overtaxed the 30 amp generator. The distributor was mounted quite low and the car would die if I went through a big puddle. It sure turned heads....

OP
roscoe

roscoe

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
I have a 1941 Ford 9N tractor that is now permanently parked but I used it heavily until about 10 years ago. It had an unpressurized cooling system and in the hot Sacramento Valley summer, every time I throttled back and the water pump slowed it would boil over violently if it was above about 98 degrees out. I'm sure the impeller was eroded but I used it as an excuse to stop what I was doing. The magneto was just behind and below the radiator cap. It would get so soaked it could take a full day before I could restart it. It was like Old Faithful.

aero3113

Jedi Trainee
Nice looking car. I don't think I would be able to drive it without the sound of the exhaust purring though!