• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Wheeler Dealers - BJ8

Jeepster

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
The Wheeler Dealers rebuild of a BJ8 has just aired here in the UK. ( not sure if this episode has already been shown in the US?)

Just wondering what the forum members thought of the episode?

Not wanting to knock the show ( or the new presenter) as I really enjoy it.

The car they purchased must have been pretty good condition as they spent most of the rebuild with performance upgrades and not much given to restoring or replacing parts that must have been shot from years of being laid up?

I know from the experience of restoring my own BJ8, that you end up pretty much replacing everything!

Bob_Spidell

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Has the final episode of the season aired over there yet? (SPOILER ALERT!) In it, Mike and Ant review their favorite cars/episodes, and Mike is positively effusive in his love for the Healey--including a couple of 4-letter exclamations that got bleeped over here--which, natch, was his favorite hands-down. Ant liked something, too.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I just watched it, I didn't have access to the show for a while, caught up with the old "Ed" seasons first. Nothing wrong with Ant, the work with making the header for the Healey was pretty impressive, but still miss Ed. See they both work for the same hourly rate I do when I work on cars.

I really wonder about the paint, that was quite an impressive polish and shine. Usually when car comes out of storage like that there are a few scratches, nick's, or dents in the paint. Fun to watch, pretty nice price for a refreshed, vs. totlal restoration Healey.

D

Deleted member 21878

i really haven't watched many of the newer shows but i was a little disappointed in the Healey one. been a while but all i seem to remember them doing was changing a valve cover gasket and building the headers. it seems they spent more time reviewing that he bought a healey and the deal. Less TV time in the shop.

could be just me. but i felt the older shows had less fluff and more info. Maybe i just miss Ed also.

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
i really haven't watched many of the newer shows but i was a little disappointed in the Healey one. been a while but all i seem to remember them doing was changing a valve cover gasket and building the headers. it seems they spent more time reviewing that he bought a healey and the deal. Less TV time in the shop.

could be just me. but i felt the older shows had less fluff and more info. Maybe i just miss Ed also.
I watched early WD shows and compared to the later shows with Edd it shows how they became better than when they first started. I’m sure that William and Ant will compliment each other as the show goes on.

Last edited:
OP
Jeepster

Jeepster

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
It was nice to see a big Healey feature on the show and they were full of praise for the marque and how iconic the model is.

I wasn’t keen on the red interior with a BRG body colour though! And what’s with the extra switch above the 4 standard ones?

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Saw this one when it first aired and as Bob S mentioned, Mike Brewer goes on and on about Healey's which is great. Love it when it first walks in and sees the rust bucket and thinks he driven all the way to see that one and finds out it is a different one. Of course one he gets is a pretty good one with not much wrong with it. Sure wish all my Healey's oil leaks could be solved with replacing an old valve cover gasket.
Like Ant but miss Edd China. Learned more tricks of the trade from watching Edd than any of the car shows on TV. Haven't checked lately but hoping he gets his own show as think he'd have an instant following.
If you can find it, Ant is one of the leads in an older British show called "For the love of cars " and has some pretty good subject cars they find and restore - Land Rover, MG TC, Aston Martin DBS.

HEALEYJAG

Jedi Warrior
I was there at the auction..had a great time....not impressed with the car..the leather looked and felt odd.......the new owner over paid IMO...in fact all the prices were high..bid on a 2008 Aston Martin Vantage..was 15,000 over my appraisal.

Bob_Spidell

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
... I wasn’t keen on the red interior with a BRG body colour though! And what’s with the extra switch above the 4 standard ones?

Just caught the first episode of the 'new'--are these re-runs of older episodes?--'For the Love of Cars.' They're restoring an Aston Martin DBS and, wait for it, they changed the car's color from red to green with red leather interior. Guess Ant's got a thing for green/red (can't say I agree).