• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

OSHA approved?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I don't own enough underwear to climb that ladder! I would never believe (or trust) that those hooks would hold.

My very first church was in Chatsworth ON - we lived in the manse beside the church. A fellow from the church and his two sons did the roof - and would be up on the ladder and hop the ladder along to the next section. We had to leave as we couldn't even watch. The fellow BTW was in hi late 70's.

When he did the church he threw a rope over the roof and tied it to his tractor on the other side - so at least it was somewhat anchored and apparantly when they did barns they would tie two ladders together.

chatsworth.jpg

Oh, and I installed the shutters on the manse - that was height enough, and my father in law - who was inside - had to hold them in place tthrough the window with his eyes shut wusses that we are! :grin:

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
He must be very fit to be able to climb like that. Note there is no safety line.

There is a series of videos about his life. Very interesting.

This is my setup when I was working on the roof. I had a ladder down the other side of the roof to give me something to work from and it was tied off to the truck. The truck keys were in my pocket.

David
Ladder tied to truck.jpg

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Very cool video.

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
The guy was real cool both working without any safety lines and seemed like a cool guy with his Steam Roller. In England LBC are not as cool as a steam roller.

David

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Nowhere is a LBC cooler than a steam roller.