• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Fedora-22

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Finally got Fedora-22 up and running. Thanks to Walter for the software. Nice OP system. I still like Mint, but I'm giving Fedora a good run to see how well I like it. Mint 18 is out now but haven't checked it out yet, supposedly more bells and whistles. Thanks again Walter, much appreciated, I owe you one. PJ

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
:thumbsup:

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Why such an old version of Fedora? You were talking about 22 a couple years ago. 27 is the current build.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Greg, I have the 27 version on disc, but for some reason it makes it almost through the full install but then locks up, haven't been able to install it yet. Possibly with 22 in there, I can use it as an upgrade, haven't tried it yet. I now have 8 gig of memory and a 1 T hard drive, we'll see. It, the 27 version, was a download and might be corrupted, I'll download another one from another source. PJ

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I know that Fedora started being able to upgrade (as opposed to a clean install every time) around release F15. I haven't tried a jump of 5 versions. I know going to 17, you had to install 16.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Your welcome Paul, but really you should be thanking Doc he sent me the discs a couple of years ago.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
OK Walter, Thanks to both of you ! :encouragement: :thumbsup: