• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Watching the smoke curl...

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
...from a Cuban cigar, sippin' on some Walker Black, my world is compact and complete.

Livin' on spongecake, watchin' th sun bake...

1977, Cleveland.

Last edited:

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Docs been munching on some tortuga rum cake ?
i prefer the fruit cake on a beach in sint maartin

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I haven't had the opportunity to buy a Cuban yet, does it live up to the hype Doc?

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Not really, Walt. Where I am, a three mile drive puts me in the center of Ybor City, plenty of similar cigars there. Supposedly the "Cigar Capitol" of the world at one time.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Columbia Restaurant. Oldest continuously owned restaurant in the US. Seats 1500 diners at one time. And the food and service are excellent.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Back in the nineties my dad had a friend who had done business in Cuba before the revolution and he would, on occasion, still go into Cuba for business. Anyway, I remember back then he telling my dad that once upon a time Cuban cigars really were the best bar none, but with the revolution enough good cigar makers and tobacco growers had fled the country that Dominican cigars had gotten to be as good as their Cuban counterparts.
I think I'll still wind up buying a Cuban out of interest I just won't get my hopes up.