• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

With a little help from his friends

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
A friend has been battling cancer and trying to restore his AH 3000 for several years. Neither one has been going well. So over the last few months myself and a few others decided to try to get the car running. On Columbus weekend we put the engine and transmission in and stripped the front suspension. Since then we have gotten it running, rebuilt the suspension, did all the brakes and put enough on the car so that it could be driven

Yesterday it was ready and the plan was for Manny to drive it out of his garage and stop. Then one of us would take him for a ride. Well he came out of the garage and didnโ€™t stop. He took off down the street and took his wife for a ride around the neighborhood. He did very well considering the medication he was on. :encouragement:

It was a moving experience for everyone involved. Their daughter and family had come in from Virginia and were there to see it.

Manny has always been very active in the British car scene. Anyone who has been to the British Invasion in Stowe has probably met him.

He 47F4F90E-BE08-49BD-9D39-864DBE016AAD.jpegstarted Hospice care last week.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Thatโ€™s a great thing to do! Good on you and the rest of the crew.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
You guys are a blessing, I couldn't think of a nicer thing to do under the circumstances. Kindness is so rewarding! :encouragement: I hope your friend wins his battle. PJ

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
Splendid! I can tell by the the radiant smiles on your faces that this was truly a joyous triumph for all involved. Best wishes to Manny and his wife. Good job fellas, the world needs more of this sort of kindness spread about. :cheers:

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
What an awesome thing to do for a friend.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
My heart is full of joy for what you have done. This is who we should be. Thanks gents!

OP
Rhodyspit75

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Here is where we are today. Manny is still hanging in there, helping us with parts locating and inspiration. Thanks to additional help (and heated garage space ) from the Austin Healey Club of America NE and the local Rotary Club. 0867991F-D2A2-4256-940A-5CAC36EF1033.jpg

The lighting doesn't do the the car justice it looks black but is really a beautiful dark blue.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Wow. It's looking great. Hope Manny wins the battle. Friends like you matter.

OP
Rhodyspit75

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Iโ€™m sorry to report that Manny lost the battle this morning. He died at 9:30.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
So sorry for your loss.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
So very sorry for what you are all feeling. My sincere condolences.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
You have my deepest condolences for the death of your friend.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
So hard to lose a dear friend. My condolences too.