• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What have you named your car?

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Miss BT from the 62, B Jaight for the 67 BJ8, and Thumper Dr a 71 Vette. All gone but not forgotten.

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
The license plate says it all: HISBN1

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I didn't name my Healey 100 or any of the other British cars I have had over the years, I guess my wife has sometimes generically referred to whichever one I own at the time as "the roadster", that may partly be because she loses track of specifically what car I own at any one time, and anyway that is kind of like saying your dog has a nickname if you refer to him as "the dog".

I generally don't give my cars names, but I think my old RX7 was sometimes referred to as the "silver bullit" and my IS 300 is aka "sexy Lexy"

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
When I bought my tri carb it took a fair part of the day to get it running and shod and look through the spares the owner had in order to know how it drove and what it all was worth. I was just about to tender an offer when the door to the garage flew open and an angry woman entered with a squalling red headed child on her hip. She paused and glared at us for a tense moment before stridently screaming "HAVEN'T YOU SOLD THE D**MN...CAR... YET?". So the name stuck and it has been "THE D**MN CAR"ever since.

Last edited:

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
This is for the history buffs. I share a name with Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick (no relation I'm sure) He was known as the "Kingmaker" and since his castle is on the original Healey badge and V8 Healeys usually have some name like "Superstition 13", my nasty boy is "Kingmaker." I even painted the Neville crest on the underside of the bonnet:

Stowe1_zpsv2xgpz4o.JPG

OK, the real truth is I had to cover up some nasty paint under the bonnet and spray-canning the crest was the easiest way to do it, so it all became kind of a joke. The crest and the bonnet will be relegated to the garage wall once I finish painting my louvered bonnet. The name will probably remain, though.

turtle

My Healey came with historical plates and I didn't want the driving restrictions so I got new plates when I reregistered the car.
"JZB" was part of the new plate number so the car has been "Jezebel" (after Bette Davis) ever since.... it does have a V-8 after all.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
LIttle RED & MISS BLU

Actually Lil Red has 3 names that is what i use when I am talking to him ,the other two are:

1: BH MK 111 a CA front plate plate to satisfy various states all over US,Canada and Alaska

2: Guy 3674 on a simulate British type plate which is Name & Birth date of youngest son-generally used for shows.

Daimler: Grey Lady, She did the movie, the life of Sir Elton John :cool:

Last edited:

number6

Jedi Trainee
Well, my Spitfire is named Sabrina after the english actress. One look at the front bumpers will give a clue as to why.

Rob Glasgow

Jedi Knight
Country flag
The formal name is "Number Two" as she is the second car I ever owned, purchased in 1963. But usually I say "I'm going to drive my "Little Car". When I'm feeling romantic, she's "My Baby".

i know this won't sit well with my friends in the Eastern part of the country, but it's time to remove the hardtop. It was 76 degrees today. I think that's why we pay more taxes here in California....

Country flag
When I had multiple MGBs & BGTs, they were the green car, the blue car, the yellow car, etc. With multiple BMWs, it's the black car, the gray car and the blue car.

The Healey has always been the Healey, or sometimes, by its VIN, BN6L/942.

Not very imaginative perhaps, but functional and completely accurate.

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Rob--

I'm writing this from LA where I have been for the last week visiting family. Whatever else the weather is sensational but still not good enough to make me want to live out here, at least in SoCal.

We'll be returning to MD on Sunday and the weather for the next week will be anywhere between cold and clear to warmer and wet. Punxatawny Phil saw his shadow, meaning we will have another six weeks of winter, and my hardtop/side curtains will indeed be on for a while yet...

The formal name is "Number Two" as she is the second car I ever owned, purchased in 1963. But usually I say "I'm going to drive my "Little Car". When I'm feeling romantic, she's "My Baby".

i know this won't sit well with my friends in the Eastern part of the country, but it's time to remove the hardtop. It was 76 degrees today. I think that's why we pay more taxes here in California....

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I'm writing this from LA where I have been for the last week visiting family. Whatever else the weather is sensational but still not good enough to make me want to live out here, at least in SoCal

WOT! Michael, WE was just tryin to thaw you out with all this nice warm weather while You were here.:highly_amused:

Rob Glasgow

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Michael, I agree with your comment about SoCal. I couldn't live there, way to many people and traffic. Two and a half hours North and things are much more relaxed. I live in a small (40,000) farming town where they probably grow the broccoli you have for dinner. We're off the highway so most travelers never come here which is fine with most of us.