• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bradenton/Sarasota Garage Information

Lin

Jedi Knight
Gold
Country flag
Hi guys,
We are relocating to Bradenton, FL from Virginia. I want to have the new garage floor etched and epoxy painted and I am wondering if anyone who lives in the area has any advice on a high quality installer/painter in the area.
Thanks!
Lin

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Hi guys,
We are relocating to Bradenton, FL from Virginia. I want to have the new garage floor etched and epoxy painted and I am wondering if anyone who lives in the area has any advice on a high quality installer/painter in the area.
Thanks!
Lin
Isn’t Bradenton close to Tampa? If it is, have you thought about contacting the Tampa Healey Club?

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hi guys,
Thanks!
Lin

That sounds like hoppin outa da fryin pan into da skillet Lin:playful:

Country flag
This is the digital edition of a Sarasota/Manatee County monthly periodical that advertises all manner of products and services for the homeowner; garage floors and storage options feature prominently (or possibly, they're the only ads I tend to notice...).

https://issuu.com/homemag/docs/homemag_sarasota_jan_online

homemag.jpg

Keep me posted, I'm out just past the east end of Bradenton, on the outskirts of Parrish (aka, the boonies).

Country flag
Oh, I meant to add: I can ask my builder who he used, as six (6) years in, the floor in the attached garage (aka, the clean-er garage__not to be confused with the dirtier detached garage) still looks like new. Of course, I'm sure that's because I never do any garage-like work in the clean garage!

OP
Lin

Lin

Jedi Knight
Gold
Country flag
Hi folks,
‘yes, I will contact the local clubs as well. Keoke: you are absolutely correct! My childhood was in Florida. Born in Daytona. We have been wintering in Florida for about five years. On the full time move, I have tried to explain to my wife that August and September are not quite like February!

Randy, I was hoping you might post a comment. Thank you I will check out the magazine for possible vendors. The home we purchased is new, but the floor has been sealed so my experience is that it really needs to either be acid etched or even the surface should be ground off before the epoxy paint is applied. I did this on my current floor and there has not even been the slightest “lifting.” I know some others have just applied the paint, but I really don’t want to take the chance that it will lift and peel later. Just like with our cars, doing it right the first time versus the cheaper approach almost always pays off in the end.

Randy, if your builder has a name and you are happy with your floor, I would love to have the contact.

Lin