• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello from Salina, KS '58 MGA Rdstr

redhawk1689

Freshman Member
Hi! My name is Steve Stockham and I am the proud owner of a 1958 MGA roadster which has a 1622 "Gold Seal" factory replacement engine (from 1963.) The roadster has been a number of colors starting with Glacier Blue, BRG and most recently, black but I decided to do a complete body-off restoration and went with "good old red!" Well, that was until my wife got involved! She told me that I was,"Trying to recreate my first MGA." She was right and we compromised by going with a modern metallic blue which, because there is no name for it on the BASF chart, I decided to call Malibu Blue Pearlcoat! There are a couple of other mods to the vehicle, a T-9 transmission, Pertronix Flamethrower electronic distributor, an electronic fuel pump, stainless steel exhaust and chrome 60 spoke wheels but everything else is pretty much stock. I completed the restoration in 2015 but didn't have enough time before the weather turned cold to really "fettle it out" until Spring 2016! I have been driving it for enjoyment ever since!

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Hi Redhawk - welcome to BCF.

"I have been driving it for enjoyment ever since!" - that is what we like to hear!

How 'bout sharing some photos? (and a hint of that Malibu Blue Pearlcoat)

Tom M.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome aboard Steve- very glad to have you aboard - hope you see you as a regular!

OP
R

redhawk1689

Freshman Member
1958_MG_MGA_1500_Blue_Steven_Stockham_001.jpg
This is "Belle."

Last edited by a moderator:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
That's beautiful! I hope you don't mind I took the liberty of resizing it. When you first upload a picture you get a thumbnail. Double-click on the thumbnail before you save the post and you get a pop up that lets you resize. Choose "Large" and "Center".

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome! I stayed in Salina about 2-1/2 years ago.Reminded me of a sign I saw in Green river,Utah
many years ago:

Tourist - "Does the wind always blow this way?"

Local - "No - sometimes it blows the other way"

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Welcome aboard, that is a gorgeous MG, I love the color.