• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Guy [Omaha, NE]

scratcher

Freshman Member
Country flag
I have been dreaming of restoring a TR4, 4A, 250 for quite awhile now, in fact since I fell in love with them while living in England for the US military. Now financially I am entering a part of my life where that dream could become a reality in the next few years so it's time to start some serious research.

I'm partial to mid 60's TR4's so the plan is to look for one that needs complete restoration so I can make it my 'baby' but while I take my time doing that to also buy a 70's TR6 that is fully functioning (doesn't have to be perfect) so the wife and I can enjoy some 'cruising time' while the 4 is meticulously restored. PLUS it will take the heat off me when she walks out into the garage and views the project that is likely to take longer than she has the patience for :smile:

I really would like a RHD for the TR4 but the TR6 I plan on a LHD.

That's about it....all ears/eyes on good starting points or books to initiate my research. I'm okay mechanically, grew up farming but I know my limitations and that's just about anything electrical.

Looking forward to learning!!

OP
S

scratcher

Freshman Member
Country flag
Wilco, I was viewing the way to 'filter' the threads so that will help tremendously also once I get a car and begin the process on whatever model I acquire

Welcome Scratcher,

Good luck on your car search. You might want to also say hi to the group in the Triumph section of this site. They may have some leads on good rides for you. Be sure to post photos of the car(s) that you acquire.