• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Rosie the Riviter RIP

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
My mother (born in 22) would be 96 also this year. She grew up in Alameda and worked at the Alameda Naval air station as both riveter and rivet inspector throughout the war. At wars end she became a stripper for awhile....No, at a peach cannery stripping peaches. There were plenty of Rosies building planes, and thank goodness for them. America's mighty manufacturing saved our bacon. We owe those gals many thanks and many thanks again.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
My mother (born in 22) would be 96 also this year. She grew up in Alameda and worked at the Alameda Naval air station as both riveter and rivet inspector throughout the war. At wars end she became a stripper for awhile....No, at a peach cannery stripping peaches. There were plenty of Rosies building planes, and thank goodness for them. America's mighty manufacturing saved our bacon. We owe those gals many thanks and many thanks again.

Great story about your mom! That must make you very proud. Ladies were key in our winning the war. Many of them were pilots who ferried planes from the plants to the overseas bases.

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
And weirdly enough... My workshop is right next to Rosie's workwear for women, an online women's work clothing store. And weirder still... The owner's daughter just had a child and the owner thought it would be nice to name it Rose or Rosie but her daughter didn't like the idea and named her Naomi... only to discover this week... that she had named the child by Rosie's actual name! (key the creepy music) OoOoooOooOooeee! :crazyeyes:

Last edited:
OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
And weirdly enough... My workshop is right next to Rosie's workwear for women, an online women's work clothing store. And weirder still... The owner's daughter just had a child and the owner thought it would be nice to name it Rose or Rosie but her daughter didn't like the idea and named her Naomi... only to discover this week... that she had named the child by Rosie's actual name! (key the creepy music) OoOoooOooOooeee! :crazyeyes:

That's quite a co-inky-dinky