• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Rodney Dangerfield's Guide to Auto Repair

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Happy Monday!

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
Just what I needed to get my day in gear! Otherwise.... I won't be usin' this car tonite! :thirsty:

Last edited:
Country flag
That was great. I went to high school with the guy in the blue with glasses. He was on "Cheers" and a lot of other shows. Thanks for the memories.

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
He went to Washington too! Just like Lana turner, Maya Angelou, Danny Glover, Johnny Mathis, Jennifer Garner, Yours Truly, and the infamous T.(Tahoe) Healey, Optometrist.:savewave:

Last edited:
Country flag
Danny Glover was in my class for a while. Who are you and why don't I know you? Who is the Tahoe Dentist? I'm a Tahoe (famous in my own mind) Optometrist. My daughter live is Los Osos. Are we talking a small world?

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
it's a small world, I think there are 6000 people in it and they move around a lot.

Last edited:

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
... Born at Children's, I grew up in the Inner Richmond at the foot of the Avenues. The Cheers guy was older than me, likewise Lana turner and Danny Glover. Washington was the high school for my district. So ...when you said the Cheers guy went to your high school I knew that you attended Washington. Having read many posts over the years I was aware that you were a noted optometrist in Tahoe but my brain typed dentist instead (a reasonable mistake as the teeth lie quite close to the eyes). I do not know you or your daughter but would be pleased to make your acquaintance.
... As they walk away into the fog, Rick says, "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.".

Last edited:
Country flag
"elrey",are you a member of the GGAHC (of which I am the current president 4th year now) or the So Cal Group? And were you at the Monterey International Austin Healey event?

Country flag
The spring of my last year in college in the early 80s I saw what would probably be the shortest stage show Rodney probably ever did. He was doing a show on campus in the basketball arena and to the left of the stage a group of drunken frat guys started screaming insults the minute he came on stage. He initially tried to laugh it off with jokes about being young, first beers and so on but they soon moved to throwing things on the stage. A call for security went unanswered, apparently there wasn't any, so after about 10 minutes he said he didn't have to take it and the show was over. He walked off stage and that was it. The frat guys thought it was really funny, the rest of the audience less so. I've always hoped those guys felt some guilt over ruining the show at some point in their lives.

Country flag
I had the same thing happen at a Howie Mandel show. You'd think with the cost of these shows and concerts people would respect and enjoy what they paid for (not to mention finding a parking place).

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
Tahoe, I've left my number with your office. "Elrey". The anonymity afforded by my nom de plume, coupled with my remote location, keeps the rafts of paparazzi at bay. :thirsty:

Last edited:
Country flag
There use to be private message section on this forum but I cannot find it. I will be back to my office in two days. I will check it out. Thanks.My curiosity is peeked.

Country flag
I had the same thing happen at a Howie Mandel show. You'd think with the cost of these shows and concerts people would respect and enjoy what they paid for (not to mention finding a parking place).

Yea you'd think that the fact that they had to pay to get in would mean they would've wanted some value for the money. Took longer to walk across campus from the dorm I lived in than the show went.

Wasn't Rodney but during my first year of college another celebrity visit on campus made my parents day. Where I went to school the run in October a parents weekend where mostly freshman parents come to see how their child is adjusting to college life. Being the oldest kid in the family mine came over for Saturday and I was showing them around. As we walked up the street at one point a bus pulled up and stopped. I didn't think much about it but then heard a voice say "hey kid, how do we get to the arena. " When I turned around who had gotten off to ask directions but Milton Berle, who was doing the Parents weekend show that night. Standing there in a robe, those big black glasses he wore and a cigar. So I and the folks got to say hello, shake hands and I provided directions. Too bad it was in the time before cell phones, could have had a photo too. But it did give my dad a story to tell for years about going to see his son and meeting Uncle Miltie. Always though that showed the generation of celebrity he came from. The drive or an assistant could have done the asking but he came out himself and made our day. Can't imagine most celebrities of today doing that.