• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Golden age of American Car design

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
lovely video

[video=youtube;16Ti4eJbLMM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=138&v=16Ti4eJbLMM[/video]

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Some fantastic designs. Thanks for sharing the video.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Walter, don't you have a car from the golden age? PJ

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
But I think Walter still has one! :applause:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I have one from the tail end of it, a convertible 68 Coupe DeVille. Not quite as flamboyant as its forefathers but you still get a sense that you have arrived when you get behind the wheel.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I have one from the tail end of it, a convertible 68 Coupe DeVille. Not quite as flamboyant as its forefathers but you still get a sense that you have arrived when you get behind the wheel.

Weird, I would have thought you would have a sense that you were just leaving, :grin:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
My Ol' Fella was a Lincoln guy. Most outrageous one IMO was the '57 Lincoln Premier. A two-tone pink and white whale of a car. I took my first drivers test in a '61 Continental. It was akin to docking the Queen Mary. Golden Age, indeed.

Interesting that the designers had to "smuggle" out their sketches in order to save them from the trash. Certainly a contributing factor in why Herself and I kept away from corporate work, went as independent contractors instead. P'raps not the most financially rewarding career choice but we do own the major body of our work over our lifetime.

I had to argue tooth-n-nail for a by-line with the military. The common practice was to tag an image: "U.S. Air Force Photo". The change has finally come about after AAVS and now DINFOS have existed.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
My Ol' Fella was a Lincoln guy. Most outrageous one IMO was the '57 Lincoln Premier. A two-tone pink and white whale of a car. I took my first drivers test in a '61 Continental. It was akin to docking the Queen Mary. Golden Age, indeed.

Interesting that the designers had to "smuggle" out their sketches in order to save them from the trash. Certainly a contributing factor in why Herself and I kept away from corporate work, went as independent contractors instead. P'raps not the most financially rewarding career choice but we do own the major body of our work over our lifetime.

I had to argue tooth-n-nail for a by-line with the military. The common practice was to tag an image: "U.S. Air Force Photo". The change has finally come about after AAVS and now DINFOS have existed.

My first car was a 1963 Pontiac Catalina. Aka "the Tuna Boat." Actually it was a very nice car and drove like a dream on the highway. The air conditioning blew extremely cold too!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Those remind me of the issues of Car Life,etc.,that had
articles/pictures of "Dream Cars" in them.

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
Dream machine: My stylinist surf wagon was a 1959 Plymouth Sport Suburban, a fine V8 push button auto, coral and white two tone wonder with about the largest fins put on a wagon. It featured a brown and white interior resplendent with gold threads woven throughout, looking much like old style speaker cloth. With a pair of boards on the rack and a Dewey Weber decal on the tailgate window it made THE totally bitchin coastal crusin' surfette magnet! Outrageous man, for sure! What a sled....Most unfortunately it came to a bad end but that's a story for another time....Or not. :cool-new: