• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Someone mistakenly flipped the Winter Switch!!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
We're goin' to see a couple days of freezing (or below) temps overnight. Not well geared up for this!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Make sure you obey the signs doc :devilgrin:

images.jpeg

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
We have snow in middle Georgia.

On the news they were advising us to "Shelter in Place".

Schools are closed.

David
Snow 2018.jpg
Snow2  2018.jpg

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
We actually had a measurable amount of snow today.
I tried to take the back roads to work today,as the were putting
lots of salt down on the main ones.

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
It's been frickin cold here, supposed to ease off the next few days. We've been looking to travel in the VW but it's cold nearly everywhere so I'm flying to Montana to ski instead. Sorry Lisa and Mury, I'll be back to pick you up.

Wool sox and stocking cap Doc.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Doug said:
We actually had a measurable amount of snow today.
I tried to take the back roads to work today,as the were putting
lots of salt down on the main ones.

Not totally unheard of for Roanoke but when it falls from Macon to the Florida panhandle, it's 'unusual' to say the least. Try to stay clear of that salt, too. :wink:

sail said:
Wool sox and stocking cap Doc.

Done and done! Along with th' thermals and three layers on top. And a new leather biker's jacket like I haven't worn in a few DECADES!

dklawson

Yoda
We got a surprise 10+ inches of snow here yesterday. The local ABC weather guy had predicted a "dusting to as much as 3 inches in some areas". He was the first to say "I got this one wrong".

I'm staying home today. I have a head cold anyway. The snow just makes it easier to stay home.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
No snow here but is has been a tad on the cool side the past couple of days. It made my English III class identify with the protagonist in "To Build a Fire" a little more.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
This just in. I have a weather app on my iMac that give me weather alerts and this just came in:

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 7.45.56 AM.jpeg

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
You better batten down those hatches. A fast mover... It's a frigid 54 here this mornin, high of 59... Brrrr. Supposed to dip down to 37 tonight if we survive the day. :smirk:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
"I've read a lot of London but that tale leaves me cold. :thirsty:"

Makes you want to just curl up next to a nice warm fire and thaw out doesn't it?