• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Just joined

newroof

Freshman Member
A quick hello to the forum and like minded crazies .
My name is Chris and I have a problem.
Seeing as I was born in the British isles and built my first mini and spitfire at the age of 17, due to the fact that I was severely cash strapped and was a kid that just tinkered with BSA, Triumph and many other brand motorcycles since the age of 12 to ride down the allotments. It is not unusual that I find myself building my 2nd TR3 (1960), 1st being a 57 (Whitworth). I could not bear having the spare time that I would spend on enjoyable ventures and memorable moments with the FAM, whilst not considering if the carbs should be balanced, what if I was to put on headers, what is cheap on EBAY right now.
Well multitaskers alike I have once again joined the ranks of British classic car owners, sleep deprived and banished to cold garages during the winter rebuild for the few miles we may drive the country lanes basking in the glory of all we have done, in the summer sunshine.
No one else will understand, except for the few people that gather here and other online similar places, of the heights of pleasure and disappointment that we alike endure.
That said, Once you have had a TR it is so hard to be without.
I purchased a real can of worms this time but I am slowly working through her to be back on the road by April at the latest.
I will bend a few ears for helpful hints and lurk in the darkest corners to see if I can learn anything pertinent to my condition.
Keeping it short
Nice to meet you all!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome - glad you are here, and of course as an MG owner it makes perfect sense that you would be constantly tinkering (repairing) that Triumph for a very few miles. :grin:

seriously welcome and we would love to see pics!

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Welcome, I also now have the TR I couldn’t afford when younger. Lots of good advice to be found here, good luck with your newest car.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome Chris! We're glad to have you aboard. Hope you will find BCF a useful, friendly place!