• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

DMH in the Automotive Hall of Fame

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
I recently visited the website of the Automotive Hall of Fame, into which Donald Healey was inducted in 2004, and was amused to see that the large photo on DMH's page is not of he! I called and left them a message about this, complete with my callback number, but never got a response and they haven't changed the pic.

If anyone here has any influence with them, maybe you could let the know that that's not DMH depicted on DMH's page. Perhaps phone calls from several of us would convince them?

I have several suitable pics of DMH and would be happy to provide same to them. Their posted winter hours are Friday-Sunday, 9a-5p, and the number is (313) 240-4000.

By the way, on Monday - January 15 - it is the anniversary of DMH's passing in 1988 ... it was 30 years ago.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
So who is this gentleman that appears on Donald's page?

2018-01-14.jpg

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Reid, it appears Wikipedia thinks the date of DMH's passing is January 13th. This has caused some premature commemorations on social media.

BigGreen

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Hello. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will look for an accurate photo.

Best,

Kerry

Kerry Doyle
Automotive Hall of Fame
21400 Oakwood Blvd.
Dearborn, Michigan 48124 USA

313 240 4000 o
248 563 9256 m

Visit the Automotive Hall of Fame website

Last edited:

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
View attachment 51992 My god man!... Why it's dear old Reggie, the chauffeur, taking ease in his digs over our carriage house in Eastwest Uppercrustton! :thirsty:

Last edited:

nevets

Jedi Knight
Country flag
looks a bit like Raymond Lowey, designer of the Studebaker Avanti, among other creations.

Attachments

• RL pic.jpg
    RL pic.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 157
Country flag
looks a bit like Raymond Lowey, designer of the Studebaker Avanti, among other creations.
It wouldn't be unlike him to take credit for other people's work too...

(please don't ask for references, but I recently read some piece about him taking credit for a whole design when he was merely a team leader)

CLEAH

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I saw all this a few weeks ago and considered letting them know that the picture of DMH was not, and the other unattributed photo was of Bic, but thought if they got everything this wrong, I would only confuse them. It is the internet, after all. Edit : I just went back to the website and I see that they put the picture of Bic, which was at the bottom before as I recall, into the spot that should be for DMH.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
IMG_1068.jpgThe Hall of Fame is welcome to my photo which I took at International Healey Day at Weston Park in 1978.

OP
Editor_Reid

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Hello. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will look for an accurate photo.
Best, Kerry

Kerry Doyle
Automotive Hall of Fame
21400 Oakwood Blvd.
Dearborn, Michigan 48124 USA

313 240 4000 o
248 563 9256 m

Visit the Automotive Hall of Fame website

Well, of course that is DMH's son, Bic, now on his page. Gad. Don't go looking for "an accurate photo." Reach out if no one at the Hall has any clue. I have several photos of DMH that would go very well.

BigGreen

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Mailed a link to this page to Kerry

Regards, Hans