• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Restoration project, needs work

healeyblue

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Beverly Hills Car Club should not be allowed to sell cars. Xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx.

Last edited by a moderator:

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
Bare metal resto, ran strong when parked. Fired right up.

Last edited:

RAC68

Darth Vader
You have to admit that the photography is good and they showed all. If you pay their price you must see something in the pile you really really want.

For me, I agree, good luck finding something useful in that pile.

Ray(64BJ8P1)

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Rear bumber looks ok and you get of course the new BHCC licenceplate backer :encouragement:

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
They are over priced and the descriptions are more than a little optimistic, I looked for the "great candidate for restoration" in the text and was not disappointed. However, I don't share some of your disdain for sellers like this. They show plenty of pictures and it doesnt take an expert inspection to figure out what your getting. It is more dodgy in my opinion to sell a car that has shiny new paint covering bodged and bondoed bodywork, and improperly represented poor mechanical condition, etc.

Last edited:

Jack T

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I have to agree that BHCC is not hiding anything in the ad, and they're free to put whatever outrageous price they care to on it. What's sad is to think that the pictures are showing what may have been someone's pride and joy several months ago before the wildfires came through.

healeyblue

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
I don't hate the sellers themselves. And yes I agree they don't hide things in the pictures. I just notice almost all the cars they try and sell are like this and way over priced. If you check their feedbacks, they appear to not have made a sale in over a year. Not too shocking considering their inventory.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Error in listing: they claim "dual carburetors", but not only are they missing but so is most of the intake manifold.

Starting with that and $100,000, you too could have a nice Healey.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Guys, vendor bashing is not allowed here. It's fine to opine that the item is overpriced in your opinion, or to note some clear error or misrepresentation, but blanket statements about a vendor's trade practices or merchandise quality can quickly become inappropriate, not to mention defamatory.

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
It appears to have achieved a state of oxidation stasis.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
May have been a victim of the recent California fires??? :shame:

roscoe

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Stasis rarely applies to rust. If you want to read a wonderful book, try "Rust: The Longest War " by Jonathan Waldman. It will make you appreciate how hard we fight entropy and that ultimately, looking at geologic time, all of our beloved vehicles will likley be looking like the one in the ad sometime after we are gone. Ooh, I just bummed myself out. Where did I put that tin of wax.....

Country flag
My wife fusses at me for some of the cars I bring home. Showed her this one, she said she won't say a word but I can't bring that one home. Told her not a problem.
Marv

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Dang Marv, with how many cars you have I figured you for a bachelor, but it sounds like you have learned to play the game well. Good job turning that roasted and rusted Healey in to a tool for the forces of good. Regards Greg

Country flag
Greg,
Had a collection of cars before I met wife so she knew what she was getting into. 36 years later she still shakes her head when I roll in with car on trailor that is in pieces. I keep all my projects cars at "the farm" so she doesn't see them but maybe once or twice a year. I would be embarrassed to list this car for sale especially at that price.
Marv