• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

a PSA, a Z and a 124

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
On the way home yesterday, I spotted the following public service announcement on the local lumber yard's sign. Wise words, indeed.

38946822714_bb75a2f069_z.jpg

Then, on the 91 fwy freeway, I spotted a bright red Datsun Z (probably a 240, but it was going the other way and I only caught a brief glance). Looked to be in beautiful restored condition.

A few moments later a (classic) Fiat 124 Spyder went by as well. Looked to be the same color as the Z.

Seemed like too much of a coincidence. Perhaps both just out of the resto shop and heading to the same owner?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Both cars sound a bit quick for zombies

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Mostly, I see Zombies driving "crossovers," minivans and large sedans.

No those aren't zombies, those are commuters.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
What most people refer to as a crossover I simply refer to as a station wagon because that is the function that they fill.

D

Deleted member 8987

On the way home yesterday, I spotted the following public service announcement on the local lumber yard's sign. Wise words, indeed.

38946822714_bb75a2f069_z.jpg

Then, on the 91 fwy freeway, I spotted a bright red Datsun Z (probably a 240, but it was going the other way and I only caught a brief glance). Looked to be in beautiful restored condition.

A few moments later a (classic) Fiat 124 Spyder went by as well. Looked to be the same color as the Z.

Seemed like too much of a coincidence. Perhaps both just out of the resto shop and heading to the same owner?

The 91 my tailfeathers. Riverside Freeway.
Used to drive to college on the Newport Freeway and the Riverside Freeway, not quite reaching the Santa Ana Freeway.
Had to go further north to get the San Bernardino Freeway (San Berdoo), more west was the short segment of the Santa Monica Freeway connecting Santa Ana with the Harbor Freeway, bypassing The Interchange, where you could head up The Arroyo Seco.
Was no Sandy Eiggo Freeway then....I think the Golden State Freeway was started...off the Hollywood Freeway...and nobody called them "the numerical".

OP
PC

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
The 91 my tailfeathers. Riverside Freeway.....
Sort'a kind'a, but not exactly.

For those of you folks who haven't driven in the granola state, the roads out here have an annoying habit of changing names under your tires. The highway engineers just give them numbers. Then the cities fight over names and call them whatever they want.

So the 91 is indeed the Riverside Freeway down here in OC, where TOC used to drive. But I saw the Z and 124 in Long Beach. I was on the same route, but I was on the Artesia Freeway.

The sign at the lumberyard is in the South Bay, near the far west end of the 91 and where I got on at the 91/405 interchange, at which point it's the Gardena Freeway. When I was a kid it was the Redondo Beach Freeway. But the cities of Torrance and Redondo Beach didn't want to have anything to do with it so they pawned it off on Gardena.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It could be worse - it seems that EVERY main road here in Roanoke
also has a highway number.Makes it really confusing to learn.