• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hot Water on Windshield

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Eeejiot.... who doesn't realize that going from, say, -5 to 60 degrees causes things to happen.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Does it sometimes seems a bit "strange" that people make and post videos of these things?

Like the YT videos showing kids slipping on ice, or falling out a window, or ...

yeesh

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I actually saw a lady do this many years ago. The gene pool continues...

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Does it sometimes seems a bit "strange" that people make and post videos of these things?

Anyone can serve as a bad example. :wink-new: Maybe someone will learn something. Maybe not.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I actually saw a lady do this many years ago.

Ah, but I'll bet no one was gathering an audience to watch!

yeesh yeesh

It happened at a convenience store... lady asks the clerk in the store for some "Hot water" in a cup. The lady goes back outside to the parking lot and throws the hot water on her windshield...... CRACK!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
My solution was Jim Beam.

...1967 VW Beetle, NW Ohio...

Worked fine.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
My solution was Jim Beam.

...1967 VW Beetle, NW Ohio...

Worked fine.
Simple question: Did you actually pour it on the windshield or down the windpipe? :devilgrin:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
:encouragement:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Something like 50 miles' worth... happy as clams to arrive safe and sound at the destination.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Jim Beam: If you can't see, you don't need to see!

In all seriousness, I keep a spritz bottle of (denatured) alcohol outside my garage door. A few spritzes and the windshield is clean. (I've had bad experience with ice scrapers scratching the windshield. Not deep scratches, but remnants of where I scraped that can be seen when wiping the windows.)

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
heeheee!

We learned about thermal shock as kids, there was a fad over "frying" marbles. Heat 'em in a frying pan and dump 'em into icewater. SNAP!

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Video is more evidence that "you can't fix stupid."

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I remember one time, in Great Falls Montana, it was 20 below and I had my car warming up in the driveway with the heater on full blast about to head to work. (Datsun B-210 2-door). I got in, shut the door a little too hard and the rear window shattered into a million pieces.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss

Like the YT videos showing kids slipping on ice, or falling out a window, or ...

yeesh

I hardly ever post videos of the stupid stunts I've pulled!