Thread: Seat Cover Question

Jedi Trainee
    Chats

Seat Cover Question

Those of you that ordered seat covers for your TR4, did your kits come with extra pieces of vinyl to cover the frame fronts, sides and the back of the tilting seat? I ordered a Moss leather seat kit back in 2016 and am just putting them together however I have no spare vinyl to wrap around my bases. Calling Moss they say they don't include them in the kits. Why would that be when the TR4 seats come from the factory that way. Just curious where people bought theirs and who got those pieces? Thanks
    Gary
    1962 (Nov Build) Triumph TR4 CT/16836L Restoration in process

Jedi Knight
    Chats

Re: Seat Cover Question

I got the Jonathan Skinner kit for my TR3A and it came with strips for the seat pan.

DavidSeat pan strips.jpg

My 3A kit from Moss had them too.
    PeterK
    1958 TR3A 1966 TR4A both HVDA

Jedi Trainee
    Chats

Geez...I've called Moss twice and BOTH people I spoke to (John went home for the day) said it doesn't show in the kits. I don't think it's one of those things that shows in images. They want to send me a yard of material, but it's 56x36 and that's not long enough to completely wrap around the tilting seat pan. Hmmmmm
    Gary

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by ghawk16 View Post
    ,,,They want to send me a yard of material, but it's 56x36 and that's not long enough to completely wrap around the tilting seat pan.
    My Moss kit came with them. But the piece around the tilting seat base has two seams (both near the pivot) so nothing is long enough to wrap all the way 'round.

Jedi Knight
    Chats

I am planning on wrapping the short piece around the back and the long piece around the front with overlaps around the piviot point.

David

Jedi Trainee
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by DavidApp View Post
    I am planning on wrapping the short piece around the back and the long piece around the front with overlaps around the piviot point.

David
    So then technically it would be 3 pieces in the kit. Two for the tilting seat and one for the fixed seat. I guess I'll see what they charge me for a yard of vinyl. Should be free...but...
    Gary